Theology of the Body for BeginnersAscension Press
Author: Christopher West
Broken families, abortion, AIDS, Internet pornography, sexual abuse scandals, homosexual marriage, our Church and our world are in the midst of a profound sexual crisis. Is there a way out?
For such a time as this have we been given Blessed John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. Based on the words of Jesus, Blessed John Paul II’s famous reflections on the body and sex take us to the root of the modern crisis and chart the path to an authentic sexual liberation. Yet the late Pope’s dense scholarship often intimidates the average person.
In his previous book, Theology of the Body Explained, Christopher West offered a more detailed, six-hundred page commentary on Blessed John Paul II’s Theology of the Body. Here, he provides a short and popular summary of the Pope’s revolutionary teaching.
- What is the meaning of life?
- Why did God create us male and female?
- Why is there evil in the world and how do we overcome it?
- How do we attain true happiness on earth?
- What kind of joys await us in heaven?
- How can we experience the love we long for in the depth of our hearts?